Welcome to the Mississippi Metropolitan Ballet Company! There are exciting performances scheduled for the 2021-2022 season. However, these performances can come to life only with support of Parents and Families through the activities of the Guild.
- All Parents are required to join the Guild and are welcome to ask the support of friends and neighbors.
- Guild Membership fee is $50 annually and is included in the MMB Company dues if the family has an MMB-Company dancer.
- All MMB Families are required to volunteer a minimum 35 hours of their time during the dance year (September through May) to support the efforts of the Mississippi Metropolitan Ballet. Those who don’t meet the minimum requirements will be assessed a fee of $700 (or $20 per hour for any hour not worked by the end of recital performances) to offset the expense of hiring workers to perform the tasks. Documentation of your hours will be managed through an online form. The link for the form will be sent via email.
- Participation in the Fall Fundraiser. Selling a minimum of 20 raffle tickets per family for $10 each is required for our Fall Fundraiser. Families are also required to sell/purchase at least two tickets for the Ballet & Barre-BQ fundraiser at $15 each. Participation in the Fall Fundraiser is mandatory or your account will be assessed.
- Participation in the Silent Auction. The silent auction will return this year in conjunction with The Nutcracker. The goal is to have an online component and for the auction to be bigger and better than ever, with fewer, more valuable prizes offered. Each family is required to contribute an item valued at $50 or more. To increase the attraction of silent auction items, families are encouraged to cooperate with one another to obtain more valuable items. For example, a group of five families may contribute a spa experience valued at $250. In lieu of contributing an item or coordinating with other families, you may contribute $50 through the guild.
- A family member must work a fundraising event (tea party, VIP tour) for Nutcracker or Spring or volunteer for backstage duty at recital unless special exemption is obtained from Guild President.
- Due to the number of apprentice dancers, all apprentice moms are required to work at least one backstage shift for The Nutcracker or Spring Performance and one backstage shift for recital.
- Computer Communication
- You’ll need an email address that will be checked daily!
- You’ll need the ability to read .pdf files. Adobe Acrobat reader is free and can be downloaded at www.adobe.com.
- You’ll need the ability to read Microsoft Word documents.
We will use the website www.signupgenius.com and Google forms for committee sign up, for volunteer skills survey, and to sign up for specific volunteer duties.